StageAgent.com Home |

Cabaret Audition Pieces

Need help with the big audition? Trying to decide what monologue to perform? Discuss all your audition and performance related issues here.

Cabaret Audition Pieces

Postby sim_oholic on Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:34 pm

I'm auditioning for Cabaret in January and I was wondering what a good audition song for a high male tenor would be. I REALLY want to be in this show but I can't think up any good audition songs. I don't want to do the obvious Mr. Cellophane cause I have a feeling a lot of guys are going to do that. So if you could please just let me know some ideas. I'd love all your guys' help! Thanks so much!
sim_oholic

Re: Cabaret Audition Pieces

Postby lloyd on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:16 am

You might try " Impossible Dream " from "Man of La Mancha" not really a high tenor but good song to show your range
lloyd

Postby Chonny53 on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:27 pm

Although you think that's an obvious piece, only one guy used "Cellophane" when I recently auditioned for Cabaret. I thought it would be an obvious choice too, but it's a good choice still and maybe not a lot of guys will do it. Good Luck!
Chonny53

Postby sim_oholic on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:20 pm

Thanks for the so far ideas but I thought I might give you guys an idea of what I'm looking for. A type of song that hints at the style of the show..shows my range...and shows my skill. I know it's hard to say not knowing my skill or range but any ideas are welcome. Thank you!
sim_oholic

Return to Audition & Performing Q & A