StageAgent.com Home |

Can anyone help me*please respond*

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

Can anyone help me*please respond*

Postby theatregeekinVT on Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:20 am

ok everyone i am wondering if you guys can give me sujestions on muscials with a large girl cast and a few male roles. In our drama club we have alot of girls but only like 5 guys so could you guys do me a favor and give me musicials that fit that descption. Thank you! :)
*i am the vice president for our drama club and i am trying to help our director out*
theatregeekinVT

Re: Can anyone help me*please respond*

Postby stageman on Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Some suggestions:

Carousel
Jane Eyre
Thoroughly modern Millie
Anne of Green Gables - The Musical
No, No Nanette
Pajama Game

Also, check out StageAgent's tool to help producer's pick a show: http://stageagent.com/Search/Casting.

Good luck! :D
stageman

Postby SweeneyMatt on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:10 am

Caroursel is a great musical with a fairly small male cast perhaps you should look into that :?: or any Andrew lloyd webber musical is fairly low on male characters Evita in particular
SweeneyMatt

Postby SteveMockSJM on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Perhaps try Bernarda Alba the Musical. Very pretty music with some heavy subject matter.
SteveMockSJM

Postby Dani on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:19 am

i know how you feel -- my school's drama department is dangerously low on boys. Sometimes some of our girls have to play the opposite gender (I've done it before!!!) Some suggestions: Musicals: Annie(I think 4-5 males, could always have girls play some), Little Women(2 boys) Plays: Steel Magnolias (i think one boy, it's different from movie version), Oh, Promise Me (4 boys, you could make the lawyer a girl, though, that's what we did).
Good luck!
Dani

Return to Advice