StageAgent.com Home |

Please read!

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

Please read!

Postby TheTruth on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:38 am

Im trying out for a musicial and have never been in one before though I know im a good singer. This girl hates me because i said she and her sister are talentless-but its the truth!!! Now she singed up to audition on the same day as me!! what should I do?
TheTruth

Re: Please read!

Postby stageman on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:44 am

The best thing you can do is come super prepared to the audition and do a great job. Do not be intimidated by her. Have fun and sing your heart out. Practice, practice, practice!
stageman

Postby jessijane456 on Wed May 12, 2010 9:51 am

Well, one thing you can do is just ignore the fact that she's hates you. If she's still acting mad at you and you're not, that just shows whoever's at the audition that she can't work as well with other actors as you can. Plus, if she's really talentless, you won't need to worry. You can also take stageman's advice to practice, practice, practice, and remember- if someone doesn't like you and isn't nice, don't stoop to their level. Good luck! :)
jessijane456

Postby broadwayforever<3 on Mon May 17, 2010 6:37 pm

if the girl isn't good...then what are you scared about? :P just go in there and do the best you can! the only way to succeed is to fail and learn from your mistakes and fix them and do better the next time! that's what all actors have to learn sometime...weather they like it or not! :D good luck at your audition and kick those girl's butts!
broadwayforever<3

Postby Vince77 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:14 am

Hi TheTruth,

Do you feel like you're intimidated with this girl? Then make the best that you can. You're better than her and you shouldn't be scared about her. This is a big challenge for you and challenges can make people better.
Vince77

Postby PurpleCat on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:59 am

Just to reiterate what everyone else has said, don't worry about the fact that this girl hates you. It's a one-on-one audition, right? So only the director and assistant director will be the only ones to judge you. She can't have any say in whether or not you get cast. Plus, if she has no talent, then she won't get a call back or even be cast. Practice hard, be confident, look professional, and good luck! ;)
PurpleCat

Postby Tom Smith on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:54 pm

Don't compare your self to another one.. practice and hard work is the best .. then do that.. best of luck for your bright future
Tom Smith

Postby Tommy Brown on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:14 am

Tom Smith wrote:Don't compare your self to another one.. practice and hard work is the best .. then do that.. best of luck for your bright future

Tom, really motivating lines you have shared here.. Thank you for the extremely impressive post.
Tommy Brown

Return to Advice